Sunday, August 30, 2009

Can't Have Too Many... Polka Dots, That Is

That belated baby shower gift I spoke of during the flower hat post has become more and more belated. I get more and more forgetful... meaning to deliver it, and then forgetting over and again. So, out of my guilty forgetfulness, I made this as an addition to the package for the little girl for whom the shower was held. This is the same pattern I used to make this dress for Petra... not coincidentally also in polka dots, which, if I may say again, I LOVE. It's a pattern that I made myself... and I think I really should somehow get it on to the computer to share with... well... anyone who would like it, I suppose. This is the same material from which I made a kimono for Petra, also. I think it's way cute. And I did it from start to (almost) finish in the time Petra took a nap this afternoon. It's a pretty basic pattern, and the more times I do it, the faster I'm getting, and the better it turns out. I just hope the sizing is right. Fingers tightly crossed. I still need to make labels for my baby clothes. Just one more thing to put on the remember-to-do list.

3 comments:

  1. aw... super cute!
    Have you made any boy stuff? I want to make something cute for a baby but I only have a boy baby right now. What should I make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    At dana-made-it.com there is a tutorial for some cute knee pad pants. Check them out. Also, kimonos are sweet, too... especially considering you and your husband's love of anime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, thanks for the link! If you have any more fun sewing links like that, send them my way!

    ReplyDelete