Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flower Child


Well, my sewing machine broke last week. Yes, I know, it was horrible. But, alas! My wonderful mother-in-law had one that she had been saving for me. :) So, I was only without a sewing machine for a matter of days. Even though one of those sewing machine-less days kept me from getting baby shower gifts made. Dang it. Oh, well. Better late than never when gifts are concerned. So, the first thing I made with my new sewing machine (which is like a tank, by the way, heavy and metal... it gives me confidence) was a flower hat for my love. I had a black rib-knit tee that didn't fit very well, so it is slowly becoming baby hats. Baby hats with funky flowers, that is. I think one of these will make its way into the belated baby shower gift. Yes. Definitely.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren You are SO creative. I was at one point creative in life, but those days seem long gone accept for scrapbooking every so often. Your daughter and her homeaide mommy made hat are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chelsie. And YOU ARE creative constantly in your work, I don't know what you're talking about... not creative... psh.

    ReplyDelete