Thursday, August 20, 2009

Purple Polka Dots


So... has this officially turned into my sewing blog yet? I'm pretty compulsive about sewing things lately. I really love it. I especially love making sweet little girl things, and even more especially love polka dots. Like... really alot. If I had to pick a favorite pattern, polka dots would be it. I made this for my Petra, who is almost five months old. She's a pretty stylish girl, if I may say so myself. :) Really, why would I not sew? It's fun... inexpensive (that is, if you let it be) and I love having little original clothing pieces running around on the children in my life.

This dress is made of cotton, fully lined, has some pleats of some kind in the front... that was a little problem, I'll be Googling that next time. And the final touch? Vintage buttons from Susie's stash at Susie's Sewing Corner - now the only place to buy (new) fabric and thread by the full spool in town. Seriously? Yes. The only place. I must say, I'm very disappointed with Walmart for taking away their fabric section. But, we do not live by Walmart alone. Actually, I find I rarely go there anymore, which I think is fantastic because it's just one giant time and money sucking building of stuff. Stuffmart. That's what it is. However, that's not what this is about.

I enjoy sewing more and more... now all I need is a room fully dedicated to the art, so my dining room can have peace again. But, that will happen exactly whenever it is that we buy a different house.

2 comments:

  1. Stuffmart. correct.

    I love the dresses you make!! One day in that FAR future if I ever decide to have children I will have to put in an order! haha.

    I love that you MAKE a home instead of buying a home. I really admire that! I've actually started making more instead of buying. That is also falling into the food category too. I'll shop at the Farmers Market once or twice a week and make less trips to the local food mart.

    It all makes me feel more like the art student that I am.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete