Friday, May 29, 2009

The Dress


OK... I made this the other day for my two month old sweet girl, and I must say that I'm more than a little pleased with myself. It's incredibly cute, fits her perfectly, I made my own pattern, figured it out, and I actually did it! And it really didn't take very long (bonus). I used to be terrified to use my sewing machine and would go to my mother in law's house so that she could walk me through my sewing projects. But now, thanks to Google, I have learned enough to fly on my own. Mistakes are made, but that's how I learn best. Unfortunate in the general scheme of things, but in my sewing ventures it is perfect. I'll just keep on sewing. It's a very rewarding thing... and I'm glad I'm not as horrible at it as I used to be. That makes it all the more fun. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, that's just too cute!!! I cannot wait to get some fabric so i can start sewing cute stuff. The only thing I've managed to make so far are some little silky blankets for the girls (a project 3 years in the making!) Where do you get your fabric? The cost can really add up. Any secrets from the wonderful bargain hunter? :)

    Now, post a picture of her wearing it!

    And hey, if you ever want me to make over your blog, I'd be happy to. You just tell me what you want. OF course, if you like it how it is, that's fine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley. I get all of my fabric at thrift stores and at Walmart. Thrift stores have fabric SUPER cheap. I'll get a photo of her in it soon. Maybe she'll wear it tomorrow. :) Why not?

    I would totally love you to make my page a happier place. It's a little boring even for my journey towards minimalism. Let's work something out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got it! Tell me what you like. :)

    ReplyDelete