Sunday, July 12, 2009

Upcycled Dress for Naomi




Naomi was at our house this weekend, and I decided she needed a new Lauren Kelley original... ha. Seriously, I should get some tags to put into these things... anyway. So, I went on a sewing binge and ripped apart a vintage blouse and made a dress all in less than 45 minutes. I'm not sure why I always forget to take before pictures of my upcycle projects, maybe it's because I'm not altogether confidant that the whole thing will turn out well or if I'm simply overcome with reckless ambition and am to blinded by my sporadic motivation to remember to take the photo, but here are some afters of the dress on the sweet girl. She's such a doll. The flutter sleeves used to be the collar of the blouse. And I love the pin tucks on the front. I love to sew more and more. Nothing is perfect still, but maybe it won't ever be. But it sure is fun.

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness, that second picture is just too cute for words! Someone will be thrilled to see these photos! Very clever, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Naomi is pretty much Miss. Photogenic, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete