Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday Gifts


For months my husband looked in stores to find a stoneware travel mug that wouldn't adulterate the flavor of his coffee the way a stainless steel mug does. So, being the good wife I am, I simply found him one online for his birthday. (Does anyone else find the ease of finding exactly what you're looking for through the miraculous path of the Internet simply blissful?) But instead of just getting him one, I got him a set. Which is a nice way of saying I took the opportunity and got one for myself, too. And now it rarely leaves my side. It doesn't have a proper name as of yet, but since it's not a piece of electronics, it may not need one. I'll stick with it's given name now, the Element, from Highwave. (Also, check out their beer rings... those were a part of the husband's birthday gift too, and I got major points for that one.) I'm a sipper when it comes to hot beverages, so I love just using a travel mug all the time because they have lids and keeps things hot longer. This would also be good if you have a proclivity toward spilling your beverages. :) Now I'm just craving some fantastic coffee to put in it. I've been ruined by this from Reality Roasters.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the day after I wrote this post, my husband came home from work to report with great sadness that he had dropped his mug while reading on top of the building in which he works. If I worked in a windowless building I'd spend my breaks on the roof, too. I bet I won't be seeing as much of my mug now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's too bad about the mug!! :o(

    On another note, thanks for the comment on my blog!
    I hope the four of you are all doing well! I enjoy reading your happenings here!
    Hope to see you soon (maybe next month for LeadNet?)

    ReplyDelete