Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blue Ruffles



I made this yesterday intending for it to be a dress for my Petra. However, since I'm ridiculously bad at making things the correct size, I think it might instead turn out to be a shirt for Mia. The arm and neck holes were just a little too big for the 4 month old.

I made this out of a t-shirt that I got at the local thrift shop for a quarter. It was even brand new... creases still intact! I used another dress as a pattern and simply took a few strips of the leftover fabric to make some ruffles for the front... which turned out a little crooked in the end because I didn't pin them before I sewed them. Whoops. Forgot. I'll do that next time. But they don't look bad like this. I mean, they're ruffles, really. I think I'll make another one today that will actually fit sweet Pete. It was pretty fast to make... I went from start to finish with time to spare while John was practicing his sermon. Pretty sweet turnout for a 25¢ t-shirt, no? Well, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment