Friday, July 10, 2009

50 things, 3 days

It is time again for a purge of material things. So soon? Yes. There is a constant influx of stuff that I can't stop, so I must constantly be at battle continually redirecting other things out. It would be much easier if so many things didn't come into our home to begin with, but since that's not always under my control, this is the way it has to be. Within three days there will be fifty less things in my home. I can almost breathe more easily already.

3 comments:

  1. This post should fall under a new category entitled, "against the race of materialism." I respect the fact that you seem to not want, nor condone the pursuit of 'things.'

    Your method (if enough experience has been logged to call it this) is admirable, and quite similar to what I am always attempting to do to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. In fact, that's a perfect category. If you don't mind I think I'll create it. I appreciate that you also are not in a pursuit of material possessions and created things. I, as you, find it to be a better way of living... simply, without time, energy, and affections tied to so many objects. Time, energy, and affections are then left to what they are most meant to be spent on - Christ and people. Amen?

    ReplyDelete