Monday, March 29, 2010

More Uno Party

Ah, Uno. (Continued from the first Uno post.) What a great theme and such a fun game. Check out this awesome Uno deck. We made party hats and then ate... there were corn dogs, beer battered fish, aunt Darlene's awesome broccoli salad, mini caramel apples, cotton candy, all manner of melon, Red Vines, Skittles from the candy dispenser that used to be John's grandpa's, orange chocolate cupcakes, and sparkling lemonade. Yes, crazy too much sugar.
What?  Time for gifts?
My babies are Converse babies.  I'm pretty sure they're the only shoes Corbin could walk in now.  Well, Chucks and mud boots.
The thoroughly overwhelmed birthday boy.  Notice his hat?  Not one, but two 4s.  And nothing else.
I LOVE that my mother in law knits sweaters for the kids.  Corbin is cool like Mr. Rogers. And that's saying a lot, I love Mr. Rogers.  Corbin's favorite gift by far from the party?  The green fold-out T-Rex card that came with Aunt Darlene's gift.  He's been carrying it everywhere and the night of the party he slept with it under his pillow.  There was almost an incident when he brought it into the bathroom and Petra splashed it after he bath.  That was a close one.
Petra found her own presents and dug through them, stopping only to read books and play with this pop-up card from Auntie Karen.  She got this beautiful dress from my sister.
She stood for the longest she ever has and she seemed very pleased with herself... but she still wouldn't walk to mama Tasha.
Sweet happy birthday girl.
Well, crazy straws really are the best.
Those who were willing to expose their age showed it with Uno cards. That's my daddy.
I scanned my Uno cards and made little prints that I taped to toothpicks for cupcake toppers.  I've got files of scanned Uno cards if anyone wants them.
Corbin had a green 4 on his cupcake, but Pete needed help blowing out her Uno.  Petra's trick candle was the only one that kept re-lighting.  Corbin got a kick out of that.
SMUSH...cupcake time.  She did NOT like the super sweet frosting, and Corbin only ate his frosting, so Petra ate both cake parts.  First sweets?  Yeah, right.
Snuggles with grandma Tricia, it's tiring being the center of attention.  And what are John and his dad doing?
Still going strong, much later.  Nice baby.
I really love balloons.  Such simple decorations... so cheap and beautiful.  It was a great party, fun was had by all.  But even my new party-sized table doesn't hold parties the size we have, apparently.  That's why we have zillions of other chairs.  Sometimes it looks very strange having all the chairs when our house isn't mid-party.  Another year passed... it hardly feels like it.  But things are well at the Kelley home.  Very well indeed.

18 comments:

  1. This is just great, I'm glad I clicked on your blog, never done it before, great party, how fun and FULL of memories!! Have a great time creating more on your trip to Seattle, praying for you all. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I almost feel like you were there with us! :) Petra absolutely loved that pop up card. She was playing with it again today. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most of these photos didn't load for me :( Hopefully we're just having a slow connection at the moment and I'll be able to see them later. Sounds like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the pictures didn't load for me either. the ones I saw were very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goody, they all loaded this time. Must've been a blogger issue. Super, super cute! I love your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was having some loading problems for me earlier too. Our little family loves your little family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun and wonderful party! You are an awesome momma! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Loved the cupcakes lauren <3 oh my goodness i want them again haha.. you are the most awesomest mom in the world.. im so jelouse... ~Laurah

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are great pictures and such a good idea for a party!

    so cute that Corbin was excited about his green chucks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll make them for you anytime, Laurah! You know, us Kelley moms, we've just got it. Haha...;)

    Aleah, thank you! It was so fun to actually do a theme, I've never done that before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I googled UNO party theme and your blog came up. Your handmade ideas are great! I was hoping I could maybe get the scanned card files you have to do my own version of an UNO party theme. I tried finding something online but no luck. I would really appreciate it as this will be for my son Liam who is my first and I am so excited to make it a memorable ONE for him. :) Thank you!-Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, thanks, and I'm glad you found what you were looking for! If you get me your email address I can send you those files right away. I'm sure you will have a very fun party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you still have your Uno card file? I would love a copy for an upcoming birthday party. By the way, I love your creativity! email: songsummers at hotmail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Song! Thanks for checking out my blog. I sent you an email with the files. I hope you have a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lauren! I loved your ideas as well. My little guy turns one next month and I'd love a copy of the UNO card files as well. miss_nette at hotmail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to have a copy of your UNO card file too! :) jrdantam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you still have a copy of the uno deck? srah143 at hotmail dot com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would you be willing to send me a copy of your uno cards? Please and thank you!
    hollysteed08@gmail.com

    Love your ideas :) You rock

    ReplyDelete