Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Sale... and Other News

There it is. My first official sale, ready to be wrapped up and sent away to it's new owner. This sale, which happened quite out of the blue at a coffee shop while John and I were in Chicago last week (news about Chicago to follow soon), has inspired me to grow my love of sewing into an (ideally) thriving and profitable home business. Starting within a few days, my handy-dandy and earth friendly little coffee sleeves will be available for purchase at the Wired Bean, a local coffee shop... more selling locations to follow. :) Also, as soon as I decide on a name (my first choice was already registered as a username, drat!) and get myself branded, I'll be up on Etsy. Yay! Progress is good. 

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first official sale! Yay! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I was waiting for this announcement :) the tag says 100% recycled wool, what did you get the wool from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,

    Oh this is so, so, awesome! You're something else! :) I am surprised and so very proud, and I do hope this goes well for you; that is, as well as you wish it to go.

    Will you be taking any special orders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you all! Wool from sweaters bought on the cheap at thrift stores. Absolutely I take special orders, Chris. $4 plus about $2 shipping, yo. Or massive quantities. We do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I'm so excited that your sewing is going in this direction! You do some amazing work and are so creative. I can't wait to see where God takes you! Good luck with the new business! I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so sweet to me, Traci. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! I LOVE IT! Thanks for the Chi-town shout out! It is absolutely perfect, and I will be putting in more orders soon. It was lovely to meet you and a pleasure (seriously) to do business with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you like it, Kristin! Thank you for inspiring and motivating me. Meeting you was such a wonderful thing. :)

    And Chris, colors (I'll try to accommodate) and address. Let's do business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the one rounded corner on the tag, very cute and classy :) Do you make them for mugs? Cause my mug is always too hot for my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They totally fit around mugs too. :) So is the report from Natasha, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren that is wonderful! I would also like two, any color. Do you take on special sewing projects by request?

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Two it is. How should I get them to you, do you want me to mail them or do a delivery. I don't actually know where you live... or you could stop by here anytime. They're ready for you anytime.

    And I have taken on some special sewing projects, but I'm in no way a professional seamstress yet. So it depends on the job.

    ReplyDelete