Monday, April 12, 2010

I bought myself this book for my birthday last week because I loved it the moment I saw it. I simply couldn't put it back on the shelf. It is too awesome. I have a thing for hand written and drawn books, and this one is full of smart ideas and ways to become a more keen observer of the art and joyful details that exist in life. It encourages creativity, resourcefulness, documentation, collection, constant observation, comparison, and a general astuteness of mind. It also has a bunch of guides and suggestions for exploration projects, and all of the ideas for activities in this book are free, which is fantastic. I love this book. I love it so much, in fact, that I'll be using it as a a loose textbook for a kids' art class I'll be doing this summer.  This is a book that has something to teach to people of all ages.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I just might have to check that out!

    Happy Birthday by the way ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you, being in Seattle for my birthday was probably the best gift ever. And totally, check it out, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete