Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Toile Jumper


I made this dress last week for my niece and realized as I was starting it that the last time I made a jumper I did it the long way. Not just the long way, but the difficult, tedious, and ineffective way. The way, as my 3 year old Corbin would put it, that was "not better." Apparently the right way to make this little number requires only three seams, two hems, and some buttons. I'm amazed at how I realize better ways to do things nearly every time I sew. Silly as I feel to admit how painfully wrong and slow I was doing things before, learning the right ways makes me feel like a bigger, stronger, and faster sewer. :) And I realize that natural light becomes photographs of things like this, however, the window of daylight now is far too small for me to always remember to take my photos. Because I'm a distracted person. Come soon, summer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely! Is that for Lydia or Bella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ashley! It is for Bella. She's so sweet... blue eyes and big cheeks... love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete