Saturday, September 5, 2009

My First Infant Car Seat Cover





We were recently given an infant car seat for our daughter, but it was made out of that homely standard beige and blue check material. It simply wouldn't do. So I made a new cover for my sweet Pete's car seat. I decided to try this because of the great covers I saw over at MADE. And in my humble opinion, I think it turned out pretty fantastically for my first try. I'm starting to realize that I really need to test out designs on my own children and things before I give them away, but I've got some pretty great friends who are loyal and honest testers as well. This cover is made of some green, pink, brown, and tan cotton paisley that I cut from a fitted king-size sheet that I bought years ago to use for fabric because it was only a couple of dollars. I'm a sucker for great deals on any sort of fabric, if you haven't caught on yet. The shade and binding are brown canvas. It took me about four hours total, and I'm so happy with it. Paisley, by the way, is John's favorite pattern. Makes it easy to find awesome vintage ties for him. During this little project, I learned plenty about how to make the next one, and I only encountered minor problems that were eventually remedied. Now I know I need a binding maker. And that I can make car seat covers. Success!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I love it! If we have another baby maybe I can put in an order?!
    :o)
    Awesome.
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Natalie. Of course you could put in an order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute Lauren!!! And very professional looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a domestic goddess.

    I'm telling you, if John hadn't married you... :)

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete