Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of Preschool

9.9.09. It came and went without incident. But it was a big day. A big day for Corbo. He went off to preschool, all dressed in green. He loved it. Loves his teacher, loves the kids. He's the only boy, but that's OK. Since his best friend for most of his life is a girl, he really enjoys playing with quiet, nice girls. (Although, he does enjoy a good water fight every now and then... I wish I had a picture of the water fight from this past weekend. He and a friend got so drenched at the park spigot that I just had to take off his clothes before we went home. He wouldn't keep the towel on himself, so I was forced to maintain his decency by giving him something to wear. That something was one of Petra's pink diaper covers. Yep. He looked like he was wearing pink panties. Nice. Pink underwear and Chuck Taylors on my little boy. A not so great, but very funny combo.) Corbin will have school in the mornings three days a week. I'm so happy he's going (many thanks to his sponsor, the fabulous Auntie Lindsey) to preschool, because I LOVED preschool. I remember it vividly. Making squid prints (yes, squid dipped in paint), eating "hard tack" learning about pilgrims, making friends, being engaged to Matthew, the sweet little boy with dark curly hair, learning about voting, "selling" popcorn at the carnival from my little box/tray I had strapped on me like a vendor. And I remember reading with my mom at home... the Max the Cat books. I remember liking the one with gum that went all over the house best. I might have to get those for Corbin. Or, seeing that they only come in sets, Corbin and a dozen other kids. I'm really looking forward to this year of learning that Corbin is beginning. It will be so good for him, he's completely ready for a more structured school experience. And he loves being around people. It's perfect. And, as a bonus, it gives me more time to do MY homework.

2 comments:

  1. This is exciting news! Corbin off to preschool. Pink underwear and Chuck Taylors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for preschool! All I remember from preschool is practicing my P is for Parrot speech :)

    ReplyDelete