Friday, February 12, 2010

Reusable Coffee Sleeve

Inspired by the new opening of a coffee shop that actually makes good coffee (they get their coffee from the same semi-local roaster we get ours from at church... and we're a church full of coffee snobs), I recently made some reusable coffee sleeves with this tutorial from House on Hill Road.   Two for birthday gifts for friends, one for myself. :)  The tutorial is great, so simple.  I used two layers of upcycled wool instead of two layers of cotton and one of batting.  I find that the fewer components there are in a project, the fewer opportunities there are to make a mess of things. They took a matter of minutes to make and I must admit that I like whipping it out of  my purse when I go out for coffee.  I'm thinking I should probably make these and sell them at this new coffee shop.  Now all I need is a logo from my fantastic logo-designing husband.  Are you reading this, husband?  I love you.

7 comments:

  1. Let me know when you're ready to start taking orders! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just say when and what color. :) $4... I really need an etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll get her logo as soon as I get the down payment ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you L, and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Purple. You pick what kind. :o) Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete