Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baby Leg Warmers

I've made about a zillion pairs of these fantastic little guys.  I firmly believe that they are one of the most important and functional pieces of clothing a baby or toddler can have.  But why pay $12 for Babylegs?  I have NO idea.  Instead, you should make them in just a few minutes for a dollar or two (completely depending on how much you paid for the socks).  There is a great tutorial at Sew Much Ado if you want to learn how to DIY your baby leg warmers. These are one of my go-to baby shower gifts... simple, inexpensive, and awesomely useful.  Note: always use knee high socks, calf length are way too short.  Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Why pay $12 when you know Lauren Kelley ;) jk. When I find the time to sew I'll be consulting you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, exactly... it's not what you know, it's who you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you ever able to acquire a serger? I'm considering it. Anyway, I want some boy leg warmers. How much you charge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've almost got enough money in my serger fund now. :) So exciting! Soon! Either way, I think that using a serger on the excess of the leg warmers would be too stiff and bulky. I've never had any problems leaving them raw. I'd make you some for the man for $4 a pair. Let me know if you'd like some.

    ReplyDelete