Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture... Who knew?


Oh, the invaluable things I learn from my friend Emily. The most recent of these things: Community Supported Agriculture. When she was telling me about this last week I had never ever heard of it before. But guess what? Everyone should know.  The way CSA works is 1: buy a share in a local farm (or half a share, each setup is different), 2: wait for the food to grow, and 3: pick up your box fresh, local, and many times organic food from this farm once a week during growing season. Some of these farms offer even more than just veggies, like meat, eggs, fresh flowers, hay, and compost. I'm so excited to get involved with a CSA farm when we move. Check out the Local Harvest website to do a search for a nearby CSA farm. Way cool. I owe the reality of all my local slow food dreams to you, Em.

2 comments:

  1. This Local Harvest site is pretty cool. I found a farm listed near Fosston that I'll have to check out. Thank you Lauren and Em for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great site, isn't it? I'm still extremely happy to know about all this.

    ReplyDelete