Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Caps for Sale


Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business by Esphyr Slobodkina has been one of my favorite books since I was a little kid. It's a fun and simple story that uses repetition to capture the attention of kids.  I think the first time I learned of it was while watching Reading Rainbow (one of the best kid shows ever, right along side Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood) and now I read it to my kiddos. Our library has the jumbo version for story time, and whenever the kids and I go there we read the massive Caps for Sale book. But now, thanks to Grandma and Aunt Sarah, Corbin has his very own copy. I must mention that one of the reasons I love this book so much is because of the illustrations. They're minimalistic, stick to a fantastic color scheme, and that color scheme happens to be one of my very favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment