Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DIY forever


I love this book by Raleigh Briggs. It's about making and doing things yourself around your home. From cleaning to composting (which I'm completely inspired to start doing... just a little unsure about with the whole freezing much of the year thing) to first aid and personal care products and an intro to gardening, it's so inspiring. I've had it for a month or so and it brings me such joy because of its beauty in content as well as form. It's completely hand written and illustrated. Very cool. I haven't tried any of the medicinal tinctures etc. yet, but I'm sure I will when I get my hands on some essential oils in the future. That is a little intimidating for me. But the book is full of practical things that you can do to make your home a simpler place by buying less and making more, and by working with fruits of the earth rather than abusing them.

In fact, Microcosm has a bunch of awesome things. Some crazy thing, but some awesome things. Check them out. I got some fantastic patches to put on some baby tees I'm going to make. I'm sure I'll show you when I finish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment