Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Purple Tweed


Notes on this baby coat: never again make a lined coat without a serger. It's simply too much fabric. I broke needles. The serger fund is officially started.

Purple tweed coat fully lined in a super soft fuzzy something. I don't even remember where this fabric came from. Made with a Butterick 3785 pattern I quickly realized I didn't know how to read. Patterns. Psh. Who needs em? Well, probably me, but the pattern promptly turned into a loose guide because it wasn't meant to be a lined coat. But it needed to be... because it's very cold here. Balmy today at 6 whole degrees as I write this. The jacket turned out nicely enough, but alas, I misjudged sizes and then put the buttons on in such a way that made it seem even bigger. The coat that was intended for a 9 month old went to the 2 year old. And it fits her well. Oh, boy, the things I have to learn about sizing.

6 comments:

  1. This is way too adorable. I could picture this with some adorable bright colored leggings, cute shoes, and topped with a knit hat.

    I adore your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, you are doing so well for trying. I greatly applaud that. So many would just give up. You are awesome! The coat is beautiful and I'm sure it will be darling on Petey when she is 2 as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab-u-lous! I wish I had half the skill that you have. We should craft someday because I think you too Mrs. Kelley are fab-u-lous! Tehe, really you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, you're all so sweet to me. :)

    ReplyDelete