Wednesday, June 24, 2009

20¢ Gingham Dress

One moment a pillowcase, the next moment (well, 15 minutes later) a dress! One of my favorite fabric sources is vintage pillowcases from thrift stores. They're basically free, have 3/4 of the seams in place already, and are generally very cool. I didn't do anything impressive to this one... just gave it some elastic for the top and some straps. It already had the ruffle around the edge... that's one reason I love the old pillowcases, they've got such character built in, eliminating time-consuming detail work for me! Voila! 20¢ and 15 minutes later... a baby dress. Not bad. Not bad at all.

3 comments:

  1. mmm love it! I love the feel of vintage pillowcases too. Pillowcase dresses are so great. I want to find some with embroidery. Though, I guess I could do some embroidery myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife was impressed by this post. She too, loves to make things out of recycled material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress and love the price too! : )

    ReplyDelete